Our Founder, Benjamin R. Harvey, Sr. began the firm’s legacy in 1943 providing – by himself – expert carpentry, masonry and concrete work for private shore-area clients. Our company maintains, to this day, his principles of fairness, competency, respect and trust. During the 1960’s Ben Sr. expanded the scope of company services to include more complex projects such as hospitals, colleges, universities and religious institutions that spread across a wider area of the Shore.
In 1963, the company was incorporated in the name by which it is known today. Ben Sr.’s two sons, Ben and George, joined the firm in the ’60s. This was an era of expansion, not only in the area served but also in the company’s reputation. Its ability to facilitate the construction of large commercial structures became well known. During the 1970’s the company’s service area widened to include the entire State of New Jersey and beyond – reaching as far as the People’s Republic of China where the company was consulted on the construction of pre-engineered buildings.
In 2000, Ben III became president of the company and continues its traditions of expertise and reliability. The company earned a reputation as a friend to the community, starting with a renovation project for the Monmouth Council of Girl Scouts and continuing with large improvement projects at Brookdale Community College. In every way, the focus, energy and integrity our founder “built” into the company assures you of the highest quality services available anywhere.
A HISTORY BUILT ON TRUST . CELEBRATING 70 YEARS OF EXCELLENT BUILDING